Thursday, October 5, 2017


1)         Blogs Reviewed:

·             Raheem Robinson: https://blogarebeblogged.blogspot.com/ (Slideshow/No Gallery Present)
·             Riley Thomas: https://drypaints.blogspot.com (Slideshow/Gallery)
·             Robin Powers:  https://ourbiochemicalperceptionsofart.blogspot.com/ (Gallery)


2)         When reviewing Riley Thomas’s Element and Principle slideshow, there were several photos that had the ability to attribute to other elements and principles. For example, his unity shot could’ve been applied to all of his other shots because they were all shot in nature – and as we know it, nature is completely unified. My additional peer, Raheem Robinson failed to label each respective elements and principles in his slideshow so I wasn’t able to effectively review his work.

3)         After reviewing all blogs, I knew that there weren’t going to be any identical works compared to the ones I’ve chosen because of location differences. Most, if not all of my gallery shots were taken in galleries in New York City, whereas my peer’s shots were taken in the Buffalo area.

4)         Some of the few shots that really captured my personal interest were Riley’s emphasis shot and Robin’s gallery selection (Untitled (to Donna) 6) at the Albright Knox Art Gallery. Riley’s emphasis shot shows a series of plans that are all green, however, a single leaf is red. This single red leaf (along with the impressive shot) really makes the entire photo pop in an abstract yet subtle way. Robin’s choice of including Untitled (to Donna) 6 in her project was genius. Not only is the showcase she picked one of the most popular in the gallery, but it’s also very large and unusual. Although I question its meaning quite often, I surely appreciate it for what it is: four large colorful fluorescent lights facing opposite directions mounted on a wall. In retrospect, I’d really like to know Dan Flavon’s (the original artist) meaning/story behind such an exhibit.


5)         After reading both of my peer’s reflections, I can finally put myself in their creative shoes. The most valuable thing I’ve learned was that everyone has their own unique creative process that inspired their project. Everyone’s process is different which means no two projects are the same. It feels liberating to know that your project is indeed a 1 of 1.

6)         At the time of this post, there are no comments on my postings.


No comments:

Post a Comment