1. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
After watching Through the Eyes of the Sculptor, I’ve learned that there is a joint effort between numerous people that involve the creation of a sculpture – in that the process cannot be done alone. Additionally, the creation of sculptures (as one might assume) is very lucrative and rewarding, with marble pieces costing anywhere from $6,000 on the low-end to six figures on the high-end. For the Glass and Ceramics video, I’ve learned that an extreme level of heat intensity is required to create a successful piece. I also learned that there is a variety of chemicals needed to complete the process.
2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
After reviewing our text and watching the videos, I can infer that there are many connections between the two. They both touch on topics and terms related to crafts. However, the videos are more specific about the technical steps involved in sculpture, glass blowing, and ceramics making.
3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the topics: Sculpture, Installation, and Craft?
The film has definitely expanded my knowledge and understanding to the specific components of sculpture and craft. Beforehand, I only knew about the “surface level” of these arts but the video really comprehended everything effectively to broaden knowledge of the area(s).
No comments:
Post a Comment