Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Module 12 Video Review


1)         The reasoning behind my specific selection of videos for this week’s module came as a result of being inspired by Warhol’s works at a young age. I often would use aspects of his artistic elements to inspire my photography—which in turn influenced my other selection of the Hockney on Photography video.

2)         Some of the key concepts I’ve learned after watching both Andy Warhol: Images of an Image and Hockney on Photography were very complex and interesting. Andy Warhol: Images of an Image highlights his involvement in the Pop Arts movement during the 50s and 60s and even being considered the “founding father” of it. Furthermore, he forwards society's obsession with mass culture and allowed it to become the subject of art in and of itself. Using his many unique techniques including as isolation, repetition and color placement, Warhol brought to the world of art his views on materialism, politics, economics and the media. Hockney on Photography demonstrates David Hockney’s photography journey which exemplifies the basics of still-image photography. Furthermore, I’ve learned that Hockney’s “signature” style included the use of photos that have a lot of depth, feeling, and emotion, as he watches people go about their normal lives and captures moments of it.

3)         These constructive ideas relate to our reading in the text because they pretty much visually demonstrate each respective artistic movement in a manner that makes the viewer understand in far greater detail in relation to simple reading about it in the text.


4)          These two video add to my deeper understanding of the complexities of each art form in a manner that I was not aware of before. Since I am a visual leaner, I found it easier to understand the topics discussed in each video.

No comments:

Post a Comment